Engineering Services, Inc. provides specialized service to designers, purchasers,
fabricators, manufacturers and users of metal in industrial applications. The
following services are available:
Welding Engineering Services
- Preparation of welding and brazing procedure specifications (WPSs) meeting ASME and AWS Code requirements
- Cost-effective programs for welding and brazing procedure qualification
- Cost-cutting welder and brazer qualification programs
- Code compliance assured for ASME Section IX, AWS B2.1 and AWS D1.1 work
- Optimization of welding processes, procedures and equipment for minimum fabrication costs. (consumables normally only account for 15% of the cost of making a weld. . . .)
- Welding equipment and process troubleshooting
- Review of supplier welding and brazing procedures for technical adequacy and Code conformance.
- Welding fume control and related welder health issue consultation, particularly welding of galvanized steel.
- Conduct training programs in the use of ASME Section IX and ASME B31 Code requirements. Click here for an outline of the 3-day ASME Section IX Course.pdf
- Conduct seminars in welding technology, metallurgy, and distortion control.
- Conduct training of Engineering and Inspection personnel in materials and fabrication requirements of ASME Sections III and VIII and ASME B31 Code sections.
- Conduct training of inspectors for examination of piping to meet ASME B31 Code "Visual Examiner" requirements.
Other Engineering Services
- Preparation of Quality Assurance Programs for ASME Code Stamp Certificates and for National Board "R" Stamps
- Design-integrated selection of materials for corrosive, high and low temperature and other severe duty
- Evaluation of supplier ability to fabricate vessels and piping
- Assistance in obtaining ASME Code interpretations
- Piping system design, analysis, and failure investigation
- Design of simple vessels per ASME Section VIII Division 1
- Evaluation of existing piping, pressure vessels and storage tanks for continued use.
- Failure investigations involving corrosion, brittle fracture, fatigue, wear, cracking, and leaks
- Expert witness in welding and materials technology
Services in PDF Format: Sperko Engineering.pdf